Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Our work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build, while growing and developing their careers. We thrive with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
CommScope is seeking an Instructional Designer to join the technical training team at its Horsham, PA location. The Instructional Designer analyzes learning needs and partners with subject matter experts to define learning content. This role uses a variety of development tools to create high-impact learning solutions in various modalities. The Instructional Designer works with business partners and customers to ensure learning solutions are pertinent and effective, and that they are aligned with CommScope’s vision, purpose and values.
At CommScope we push the boundaries of communications technology to create the world’s most advanced networks. Across the globe, our people and solutions are redefining connectivity, solving today’s challenges and driving the innovation that will meet the needs of what’s next.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design and develop effective learning solutions for CommScope customers, channel partners, and employees.
- Perform audience and task analyses.
- Write effective learning objectives and design appropriate evaluation strategies.
- Collaborate with product management, product development, technical trainers and technical support teams.
- Produce blended learning programs comprising self-paced, web-based, virtual and/or classroom-based elements.
- Communicate project status with stakeholders.
- Manage projects with shifting requirements and timelines.
- Maintain proficiency with existing learning technologies and best practices.
- Investigate opportunities to leverage next generation learning technologies.
- Leverage knowledge of, and share knowledge with, other instructional designers and technical trainers.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated skills implementing Instructional Systems Design models.
- Experience with, or willing to learn, Articulate Storyline, Articulate Presenter, Adobe Captivate and similar development tools.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of distance learning tools, virtual classroom platforms, and learning management systems.
- Adapt to shifting priorities.
- Strong organization, analytical and project management skills.
- Problem-solving initiative.
- Able to work well both in team settings and independently.
- Basic graphic design skills.
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology or Education.
- Familiarity with DOCSIS, CMTS, IPTV or Video distribution preferred.
- 0-2 years of Experience in Instructional Design
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.