Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
What to expect
As a Storage Administrator in Suwanee, GA you would be responsible for the ongoing maintenance and support of CommScope’s global data storage environments to ensure overall availability and reliability. You’ll also assist with proactive monitoring, maintenance and upkeep of our global data storage devices, trouble ticket resolution, deploying storage changes/upgrades, performance monitoring and analysis, working with vendors. You will be rewarded with a comprehensive benefits package, including paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision plans, life and accidental death insurance, a 401(k) plan and participation in the Company’s Incentive Plan.You Will Make an Impact By
- monitoring, and provisioning. Tune systems as required.
- Integrate Linux/Unix systems with enterprise data storage solutions using multiple connectivity methods such as NFS mounts and FC/iSCSI connected LUNs with multi-pathing.
- Identify and investigate system malfunctions / root cause analysis.
- Collaborate closely with users and vendors to address problems and implement changes, as required, to service and maintain the company’s data storage infrastructure.
- Recommend technical changes to all areas of the business to provide more efficient practices.
- Maintain system documentation including licensing, hardware and software inventory, configuration diagrams and settings, security data, Visio-style layouts, etc.
- Assist in the installation and configuration of hardware and software; plan and implement upgrades.
- Work with data backup personnel to ensure all corporate production data is properly backed-up and secured.
- Participate in maintenance window activities (during and after normal business hours) as well as disaster recovery planning and execution.
- Provide oversight of the global storage footprint.
- A bachelor's degree in IT or related field OR six years of relevant IT experience with an equivalent combination of training, experience and/or education.
- 6+ years of Linux and/or Windows administration and support of an enterprise environment; Linux preferred.
- Experience with event and system monitoring (e.g. OCUM/Active IQ, Grafana, InsightIQ, DPA/DPC, etc.)
- Experience using NAS storage (ONTAP and OneFS) with authentication sources such as LDAP, NIS and Active Directory, preferably with multiprotocol access.
- Understanding and working knowledge of networking/distributed computing environment concepts including NFS, DNS and LDAP.
- Nutanix multiprotocol access knowledge
- Experience with Commvault and Veritas NetBackup
Our dynamic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build, while growing and developing their careers. We thrive with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.