This job is archived
Job DescriptionJob Overview:
The Storage Administrator is responsible for the ongoing maintenance and support of CommScope’s global data storage environments to ensure overall availability and reliability. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: assisting with proactive monitoring, maintenance and upkeep of our global data storage devices, trouble ticket resolution, deploying storage changes/upgrades, performance monitoring and analysis, working with vendors, and other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Support daily data storage operations such as capacity management, performance monitoring, and provisioning. Tune systems as required.
• Integrate Linux/Unix systems with enterprise data storage solutions using multiple connectivity methods such as Fibre Channel and iSCSI connected LUNs with multi-pathing and NFS mounts.
• Identify and investigate system malfunctions / root cause analysis.
• Liaise with users and vendors to address problems and implement changes, as required, to service and maintain the company’s data storage infrastructure.
• Recommend technical changes to all areas of the business to provide more efficient practices.
• Maintain system documentation including licensing, hardware and software inventory, configuration diagrams and settings, security data, Visio-style layouts, etc.
• Assist in the installation and configuration of hardware and software; plan and implement upgrades.
• Work with data backup personnel to ensure all corporate production data is properly backed-up and secured.
• Participate in maintenance window activities (during and after normal business hours) as well as disaster recovery planning and execution.
• Provide oversight of the global storage footprint.
• Provide storage forecasts based on usage and trending.
• Keep up-to-date with storage manufacturers product offerings.
• Ability to develop project plans and manage accordingly.
• Perform other/additional duties and projects, as assigned.
• 6+ years of Linux and/or Windows administration and support of an enterprise environment; Linux preferred.
• Strong working knowledge and hands-on experience of EMC related storage solutions (Isilon, XtremIO, Unity, VNX, Data Domain)
• Strong working knowledge and hands-on experience of system administration, trouble-shooting and performance tuning of RedHat Enterprise Linux, HP-UX, Solaris & Windows Servers, with an emphasis on Linux.
• Working knowledge and hands-on experience of NetApp, Nutanix, and HPE 3PAR is preferred
• Working knowledge of virtualization concepts (e.g. VMware, KVM, AHV)
• Experience with Commvault and Veritas NetBackup preferred
• Experience with event and system monitoring (e.g. OCUM/Active IQ, Grafana, InsightIQ, etc.)
• Storage Performance Tuning
• Understanding and working knowledge of networking/distributed computing environment concepts including NFS, DNS and LDAP.
• A bachelor's degree in IT or related field OR six years of relevant IT experience with an equivalent combination of training, experience and/or education.
• Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Possesses the ability to be productive in a team environment as well as work independently.
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.