Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Our work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build, while growing and developing their careers. We thrive with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
This is a superb opportunity for someone with outstanding risk management & program management skills to join a newly formed team.
This role will be directly supporting a revenue-generating business. Initial responsibilities will include building out a fully-functioning InfoSec Program for the business, and will work with the Manager of Business Information Security within the larger InfoSec function at CommScope.
All CommScope InfoSec candidates must possess very strong analytical capabilities.Key Duties
- Develop and maintain Information Security policies, standards and procedures
- Perform IT Project Risk Assessments in order to identify, mitigate and handle risks
- Work towards achieving and supporting NIST 800-171 and CMMC compliance
- Perform Supplier Risk Assessments
- Support Security Operations team for managing Incident Response Program
- Perform IT Audit to ensure compliance
- Collaborate with other teams to implement InfoSec program including cross-team collaboration and documentation review, to determine overall compliance with policies and procedures, recommending corrective actions, and preparing a comprehensive report.
- Relevant work experience in Information Security, audit, risk management or internal controls required
- Past experience in implementing NIST and other frameworks like ISO27001 and ISO27002
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of explaining technical information to stakeholders and senior management
- Analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Business Management, or equivalent experience
- At least one major Information Security or IT professional certification (e.g. CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, Microsoft, Cisco, etc.)
- Prefers 2-5 years working experience in information security but open to new graduates with Information Security degree
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Salesforce, etc.)
- Background as an IT generalist with hands-on experience in a variety of technologies
- Occasional travel is expected for this position, less than 10% and mostly within the US
- As with many other technology positions, after hours or weekend work may be required based on urgent situations or business need
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.