Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Business InfoSec - Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
This is a great opportunity for someone with exceptional security skills to join a newly created team for Business Information Security. This role will be directly supporting a revenue-generating business. Initial responsibilities will include building out a fully-functioning Security Operations capability for the business, and will report to the Manager of Business Information Security within the larger InfoSec function at CommScope.
All CommScope InfoSec candidates must possess very strong analytical capabilities.
• Implement, maintain and manage SIEM platform
• Vulnerability/threat analysis and mitigation
• Ensure security monitoring and response
• Maintain and manage Incident Response Program
• Work on network forensics
• Work towards achieving and supporting NIST 800-171 and CMMC compliance
• Collaborate with other technical personnel and teams as needed
• Identify improvement opportunities and research technical solutions
• Advanced skills in network administration and problem diagnosis
• Advanced knowledge of computer administration
• Experience with vulnerability detection, threat mitigation and SIEM technology
• Knowledge of Networking protocols and technologies, e.g. TCP/IP, Firewalls, Routers, etc.
• At least one major Information Security or IT professional certification (e.g. CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, Microsoft, Cisco, etc.)
• Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously
• Must be a strong analytical thinker with a natural ability for problem solving
• Must be able to work in stressful, dynamic, and fast-paced situations
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Business Management, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 3 years working experience in information security required; 3 to 5 years preferred
• Experience with computer forensic tools and techniques.
• Hands on experience with at least one SIEM platform and network security intelligence technology.
• White hat or ethical hacking experience/certifications.
• Working knowledge and experience of Risk Analysis methods.
• Knowledge of ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Salesforce, etc.)
• Experience with security management frameworks, specifically NIST, ISO27001 and ISO27002
• Strong background as an IT generalist with extensive hands-on experience in a variety of technologies.
• Occasional travel is expected for this position, less than 10% and mostly within the US
• As with many other technology positions, after hours or weekend work may be required based on urgent situations or business need
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.