Perform PMI's on tractors, trailers and other diesel powered equipment.
Perform all types of engine, brake, drive train, electrical, and A/C repairs.
Capability of reading and understanding technical service manuals, wiring diagrams and the ability to communicate in oral and written form.
Successfully demonstrated independent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and resolve a wide range of tractor/trailer failure, worn or damaged parts, utilizing visual inspection in conjunction with computerized analysis.
- Ability to service equipment correctly on the first attempt as required avoiding unnecessary down-time.
- Ability to service equipment as required to ensure proper working condition when leaving the shop
- Adherence to safety standards, DOT regulations/guidelines, injury reporting, accident reporting, and proper identification of new vehicle damage.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time throughout the shift Able to lift and carry 50 lbs. to mid-body using proper lifting techniques .
- Must be able to work independently while maintaining team approach to getting the job done
- Must furnish own personal hand tools.
- Assist other technicians when needed.
- Responsible for following all training documents and procedures as it relates to Food Safety and Food Defense.
- Maintain a safe and clear work area.
May be required to do other job tasks as necessary