Sarstedt, Inc., a leading manufacturer and distributor of laboratory consumables, medical devices and instruments, is looking for a Sales Manager. The Sales Manager will be responsible for sales growth and ensuring the maximization of sales opportunities, by leading and managing a team of in-house and remote sales professionals while maintaining customer relationships and servicing customer needs. The company offers a competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short or long term disability, a 401(k) plan and life insurance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for achieving the division's sales performance goals and supporting the Company’s sales goals as determined by management.
• Designs and implements annual strategic business plans and reporting tools that expand the Company's customer base.
• Manages the assigned division’s sales team by setting goals, tracking performance, motivating, coaching, and assigning sales directives.
• Maintains and enhances relationships with current customers while expanding relationships with potential clients.
• Performs benchmark analyses of competitors' supply and demand and analyzes current trends to establish future goals and to adjust sales prices.
• Establishes business objectives and calculates quarterly and annual bonus plans.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge and determines ways to streamline and improve the sales process.
• Attends national trade shows to promote Sarstedt's extensive product line. Maintains travel planning in accordance with Company policy.
• Other duties may be assigned as apparent or required by management.
Manages assigned remote Account Managers and in house sales support employees. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these individuals. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles in a hospital setting. The employee may be exposed to Bloodborne Pathogens and will require training on preventative measures. The employee must also be able to obtain immunization records and maintain compliancy with all vendor requirements.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum of 8 to 10 years’ supervisory/sales management experience required.
• Previous experience in the medical field preferred.
• Must have managed a minimum of 8-10 direct reports.
• Management experience with remote and in-house staff preferred.
• Previous experience in a life science / research / medical setting with knowledge of laboratory and/or diagnostic products and requirements preferred.
• Effective organizational, analytical and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently on a continuous basis.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales reports, graphs and data.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, clients, managers, and the general public.
• Ability to develop and deliver customer presentations and proposals and present them effectively at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to effectively communicate with employees, affiliates, customers, and managers.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
• Ability to apply concepts of advanced algebra.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Systems, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access. Experience with Project Management software preferred.
• Must have 2-5 years’ experience with CRM system tools.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
• The employee is frequently required to stand for extended periods of time at trade shows and/or customer locations.
• The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds of boxes, catalogs, and flyers.
• This job requires a minimum of 70% national travel and the ability to operate a motor vehicle. May require occasional international travel.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
The Company participates in E-Verify