This job is archived
Sarstedt, Inc., a leading manufacturer and distributor of laboratory consumables, medical devices and instruments, is looking for a Manager of Diagnostic Sales in the Newton, NC office. The company offers a competitive salary and a benefits package with this position.
Responsible for developing and directing the execution of a strategic plan for the clinical components across Sarstedt's full diagnostic product line, focusing primarily on the blood collection systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops a clinical marketing strategy for Sarstedt's short- and long-term strategic plans in collaboration with the U.S. Sales Management team.
- Collaborates with clinical affairs and sales management on building an influential medical evidence plan to help clinicians understand, accept and recommend Sarstedt's diagnostic products, including their blood collection system.
- Creates and delivers both scientific and clinical relevant presentations, seminars, and educational programs to business partners, clinicians, and internal sales staff ensuring content matches audience needs and backgrounds.
- Cultivates collaborative relationships with current and future thought leaders in academic and clinical medicine at the local, regional, national and international level.
- Develops the foundational data for medical and scientific marketing / product material, including promotional pieces and technical sales aids, in conjunction with the Sales Department.
- Advises on medical and scientific marketing material in conjunction with Product Management and Sales. Provides clinical and customer input to internal teams as it relates to the use of Sarstedt's products and positioning with key customer groups.
- Represents the company at key events, functions and forums related to select key customers, accounts and societies.
Defines and facilitates the initiation, execution, authorization and publication of select clinical projects, partnering with healthcare facilities on execution and reporting for Sarstedt sponsored studies.
- Develops, manages, and leverages clinical relationships that support broad business goals (e.g. poster development, white papers, presentations, clinical evidence, market evaluations, etc.)
- Other duties may be assigned as apparent or required by management.
Directly supervises one and indirectly four employees in Clinical Product Management. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Doctoral degree or equivalent in Medicine; and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Degree in nursing, perfusion, or Emergency Medicine.
- 4+ years practice in medical field.
- Preferred: MD, MS/MBA, PA, CNP
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to top management, public groups, and all levels of current and potential customer organizations.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software, Microsoft Word Processing software, Microsoft Project Management software, and Inventory software.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- This position requires up to 50% - 70% national travel and the ability to operate a motor vehicle. Occasional international travel may be required. Employee must be able to obtain a valid passport.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and extreme heat.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
The Company participates in E-Verify