Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Ruckus Networks is seeking a Systems Engineer (SE) for the Midwest sales region. The primary territory will be Ohio and Kentucky. The SE will be responsible for both the Customer and Partner communities in this territory as part of a team consisting of an Outside sales partner, as well as inside sales and SE resources. Primary responsibilities will focus on Ruckus Product Solutions sales and partner development/enablement for Ruckus channel partners as well as customer opportunities.
How You'll Help us Connect The World:
The candidate will focus on channel partner development and enablement for all Ruckus Channel Partners in the Ohio & Kentucky territories.
As a System Engineer you will perform technical demos, proof of concept trials, technical training, provide design input and review, solution-focused selling and positioning to all levels of decision-makers, and deliver presentations for customers, partners, prospects, and events.
To be successful, you will have strong technical skills and industry knowledge, excellent experience as a customer or partner-facing Systems Engineer. Possess a knowledge of the Ruckus wireless and wired portfolio and related technologies and a proficient understanding of pre-sales engineering and sales processes to include critical account management.
Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/BA minimum) in Electrical, Computer, or Networking Engineering; Computer Programming; Information Technology; Management Information Systems; Computer Science; Mathematics
- Minimum 5 years experience working with IP/Wireless technologies
- Proven experience of System Engineer technical skills; specifically, 802.11 a/g/n/ac/ax, CBRS & LTE (a plus) wireless design and assessment, wireless troubleshooting, wireless network optimization, IP routing and switching WAN/LAN design, configuration, troubleshooting, Layer 4-7 application services, security authentication methods and products, RADIUS, AD, Virtualization environments/deployments, VM installations, (any of VMware, KVM, Hyper-V, GCE, Azure, AWS), etc.
- You will have the following areas of specialization: VLAN; Security; VoIP; QoS wired/wireless; BYOD/MDM; PtP; Mesh; Wireless Controller Architectures; Wi-Fi protocols and transmission, RF engineering, Indoor, and Outdoor wireless deployments.
- Packet Capture/Analysis Tools; WLAN Security in the areas of Authentication, Encryption, RADIUS/AAA, EAP/PSK, and Active Directory; RF polarization and Antenna signal propagation behavior.
You Will Excite Us If You Have:
- A professional-level networking industry certification
- Experience with the Ekahau Pro heat map and site survey applications
- An understanding of partner business drivers and how to map these to a customer network platform, including identification of improvement areas in network design
You will live in Ohio or Kentucky or be willing to relocate. Relocation assistance is not available.
What happens after you apply?
Learn how to prepare yourself for the next steps in our hiring process by visiting [Register to View] target="_blank">https://careers.commscope.com/how-we-hire.
Why CommScope and Ruckus?
CommScope is pushing the boundaries of communications technology. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating 5G, private networks, and Gigabit speeds everywhere – we're always anticipating what’s next. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity, Cloud, and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
Ruckus is a Business Unit within CommScope, passionate about delivering groundbreaking solutions to build a smarter, simpler, more connected world. At the heart of global connectivity are the engineers who write innovative software for our award-winning routing and switching products to bring the information quickly and efficiently where needed. We are a pioneer in the wireless infrastructure market, enabling carriers and enterprises to stay ahead of the exploding demand for high-bandwidth applications and services Our Ruckus Smart Wi-Fi, LTE, and Switching technology redefines what’s possible in wireless network performance with flexibility, reliability, and affordability.
We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build while growing and developing their careers. We thrive with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including people with disabilities and veterans. To learn more visit careers.commscope.com/eeo.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
United States;United States : Kentucky || United States : Ohio;United States : Kentucky : Virtual || United States : Ohio : Virtual || United States : Ohio : Westerville