Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Provide customer-focused technical sales and support to our customers. The Systems Engineer works as a team, along with an Account Manager to design and sell CommScope networking solutions. Primary responsibilities will focus on Federal end-user customers, Federal Systems Integrators, channel partner development and education, and engagement for selected partners in the assigned territory. The position of Systems Engineer will perform technical demos, proof of concept trials, training, and deliver customer presentations. The successful candidate will be a proficient self-starter, with strong technical skills, industry knowledge, and excellent communication skills. Knowledge of Federal customers and their business model is critical. Possess a proficient knowledge of the CommScope wireless and wired portfolio and related technologies.
- Pre-sales network engineering design, Bill of Material creation, sales opportunity engagement, and technical training individually or in larger group settings.
- Identifying and driving the development of a territory account plan based on awareness of the business economics and trends of the industry.
- Have a proficient knowledge of CommScope wireless, wired and software products.
- Act as a technical advisor to Federal end-users, FSIs and partners with the ability to differentiate and competitively position CommScope products.
- Assist the Enterprise Account Manager in driving revenue and selling solutions to meet and exceed quota goals.
- US Citizen
- Knowledge of pre-sales engineering and sales processes to include critical account management.
- Ability to communicate both written and oral, on technical solutions to a variety of audiences that may include executive level decision makers.
- Knowledge and experience of SE technical skills; specifically, 802.11 a/g/n/ac/ax, 3GPP & LTE (a plus) wireless design and assessment, heat map creation, wireless troubleshooting, wireless network optimization, IP routing and switching WAN/LAN design, configuration, troubleshooting, Layer 4-7 application services, security authentication methods and products, RADIUS, AD, Virtualization environments/deployments, VM installations, (any of VMWare, KVM, Hyper-V, GCE, Azure, AWS), Cloudpath etc.
- Knowledge of some of the following areas of specialization (at least five years minimum required): VLAN; Security; VoIP; QoS wired/wireless; BYOD/MDM; PtP; Mesh; Wireless Controller Architectures; Wi-Fi protocols and transmission, RF engineering, Indoor and Outdoor wireless deployments; Packet Capture/Analysis Tools; WLAN Security in the areas of Authentication, Encryption, RADIUS/AAA, EAP/PSK, and Active Directory; RF polarization and Antenna signal propagation behavior.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/BA minimum) in Electrical, Computer, or Networking Engineering; Computer Programming; Information Technology; Management Information Systems; Computer Science; Mathematics, or minimum 8 years of experience working with IP/Wireless technologies.
- An associate level networking industry certification such as CCNA, BPIPA, JNCIA, Aruba, Ruckus, CWNA is preferred.
- Ability to support troubleshooting of complex problems.
- Effective technical presentation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Previous sales and/or sales engineering experience a plus
- U.S Government clearance not required, but highly desired.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
United States;United States : California || United States : Colorado || United States : Washington;United States : California : Fremont || United States : California : Milpitas || United States : California : San Diego || United States : California : San Jose || United States : California : Santa Clara || United States : California : Sunnyvale || United States : California : Virtual || United States : Colorado : Englewood || United States : Colorado : Virtual || United States : Washington : Virtual