This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Due to growth and customer demand, we are currently recruiting for a Lead Sales Engineer to join our team in Denver, CO.
CommScope is a global innovator in IP, video and broadband technology. Our team collaborates with leading Service and Content Providers to create entertainment and communication solutions that are personalized and mobile. At CommScope, we are constantly redefining connectivity to power a smarter, simpler, more connected world. CommScope customers include service providers (cable, broadband, telco, satellite), commercial verticals, small enterprises, and the people they serve. We win when our customers win, and that drives everything we do.
This individual will support the Charter Sales team by providing leadership and management for a cross-functional team to successfully introduce new products and solutions, drive business strategy that is aligned with both technical and financial goals in mind and build and maintain relationships with key Charter stakeholders to ensure successful growth. This individual will plan, conduct, and facilitate work in a manner that is aligned with the account management team, while having a customer first mindset.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Responsible for managing a team that leads multiple product certification projects from customer requirement phase, to commitment, to certification, to trial, and ultimately certification.
- Manage a cross functional team that works directly with Charter technical personnel to develop product cohesiveness in a trusted advisor relationship.
- Will work closely with the account team to help develop a business strategy and help drive technical decisions that support the business goals.
- This position will be responsible for interfacing with multiple business units to gather assistance and commitment for product development that will lead to positive outcomes of the business strategy.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for all technical needs at Charter corporate lab.
- Responsible for managing relationships and communications with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering or Business) or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of customer facing telecommunication experience.
- Extensive working knowledge of DOCSIS config files, CMTS configuration, WiFi design and operation, and SDV.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Lead by example while positively motivating direct reports.
- This person shall have experience planning and executing product certification testing by working closely with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience responding to and helping develop RFP, RFI, and PRD type documents.
- Self-starter with proven ability to work effectively in virtual and in person teams. Ability to work with minimal supervision while effectively leading a team.
- Ability to motivate teams to achieve goals that positively affect a successful business strategy.
- Strong Microsoft Office and other business tool skills.
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written form.
- Positive, can-do attitude with a customer first mindset while holding the best interest of CommScope intact.
- Relationship builder.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.