CommScope is seeking a Sales Engineer (SE). The position of Sales Engineer will work alongside the members of the Comcast account team, CommScope design teams, and Comcast to develop and introduce new products from CommScope Broadband Networks division. Act as a technical liaison between Comcast development and lab teams, and CommScope development teams. Perform lab troubleshooting, technical demos, proof of concept trials, technical training, and provide best practice design input and review. The successful candidate will be a proficient self-starter, with strong technical skills and industry knowledge, excellent communication skills with history or experience as a customer or partner facing Sales Engineer. Possess a working knowledge of the CommScope optical and DOCSIS portfolio and related technologies.
- Assisting in the development of new products as part of DOCSIS DAA architecture.
- Have a working knowledge of DOCSIS network, Optical networks, transport and switching, hardware and software products.
- Act as a technical liaison between CommScope business unit and Comcast engineering.
- Help collect logs, troubleshoot, and communicate technical requirements clearly.
- Pre-sales and new product qualifications in customer’s labs
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- A proficient understanding of pre-sales engineering and sales processes
- Ability to communicate both written and oral, on technical solutions to a variety of audiences that may include executive level decision makers
- Advanced understanding of partner business drivers and how to map these to a customer network platform, including identification of improvement areas in network design
- Working knowledge of SE technical skills; specifically, previous knowledge or exposure to the HFC Access Network, DOCSIS, Digital Video Delivery Architecture and EPON.
- Familiarity with the IPv4/IPV6 protocol stack and networking functions and protocols.
- IP routing and switching design, configuration, troubleshooting, Layer 1-4 application services.
- SNMP, DHCP, CLI, security authentication methods and products. Virtualization environments/deployments, VM installations, (any of VMWare, KVM, Hyper-V), etc.
- Working knowledge of the following areas of specialization: VLAN; Security; QoS, RF engineering, fiber network distribution; Packet Capture/Analysis Tools;
Education and Experience:
- A professional level networking industry certification is preferred.
- Ability to support troubleshooting of complex problems
- Effective technical presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/BA minimum) in Electrical, Computer, or Networking Engineering; Computer Programming; Information Technology; Management Information Systems; Computer Science; Mathematics required
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant experience working with DOCSIS, Optical network and IP technologies required.