Ruckus Networks, is seeking a Systems Engineer (SE). The SE will be responsible for both the Customer and Partner communities and will work as a team, along with business partners to design and sell Ruckus networking solutions. Primary responsibilities will focus on channel partner development and enablement for Ruckus channel partners as well as customer opportunities.
The position of Systems Engineer will perform technical demos, proof of concept trials, technical training, provide best practice design input and review, solution focused selling and positioning to all levels of decision makers, and deliver presentations for customers, partners, prospects and events. The successful candidate will be a proficient self-starter, with strong technical skills and industry knowledge, excellent communication skills with history or experience as a customer or partner facing Systems Engineer. Possess a working knowledge of the Ruckus wireless and wired portfolio and related technologies.
- Pre-sales engineering design and network / back-office systems integration, Bill of Material creation, sales opportunity engagement, and technical training individually or in larger group settings
- Identifying and driving the development of a Channel Partner territory account plan based on awareness of the business economics and trends of the industries including vertical markets in which one's customers conduct business
- Have a working knowledge of Ruckus Networks wireless, wired and software products
- Act as a technical advisor to Channel Partners with the ability to differentiate and competitively position Ruckus products
- Assist the Partner Account Manager in driving revenue and selling solutions to obtain quota goals
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- A proficient understanding of pre-sales engineering and sales processes to include critical account management
- Ability to communicate both written and oral, on technical solutions to a variety of audiences that may include executive level decision makers
- Advanced understanding of partner business drivers and how to map these to a customer network platform, including identification of improvement areas in network design
- Working knowledge of SE technical skills; specifically, 802.11 a/g/n/ac/ax, CBRS & LTE (a plus) wireless design and assessment, wireless troubleshooting, wireless network optimization, IP routing and switching WAN/LAN design, configuration, troubleshooting, Layer 4-7 application services, security authentication methods and products, RADIUS, AD, Virtualization environments/deployments, VM installations, (any of VMWare, KVM, Hyper-V, GCE, Azure, AWS), etc.
- Working knowledge of the following areas of specialization: VLAN; Security; VoIP; QoS wired/wireless; BYOD/MDM; PtP; Mesh; Wireless Controller Architectures; Wi-Fi protocols and transmission, RF engineering, Indoor and Outdoor wireless deployments; Packet Capture/Analysis Tools; WLAN Security in the areas of Authentication, Encryption, RADIUS/AAA, EAP/PSK, and Active Directory; RF polarization and Antenna signal propagation behavior.
Education and Experience:
- A professional level networking industry certification is preferred.
- Ability to support troubleshooting of complex problems
- Effective technical presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/BA minimum) in Electrical, Computer, or Networking Engineering; Computer Programming; Information Technology; Management Information Systems; Computer Science; Mathematics required or minimum 10+ years of relevant experience working with IP/Wireless technologies required