CommScope is seeking a candidate to provide technical sales and support to internal and external customers as an active member of the sales team representing CommScope’s technologies and solutions. The Key Accounts Systems Engineer will provide pre-sales and post-sales support to Key Accounts and internal stakeholders with a focus on physical infrastructure and Automated Infrastructure Management but inclusive of the full CommScope portfolio including Ruckus wired and wireless networking, CBRS and Era DAS. Duties may include providing in-depth technical presentations and design recommendations for customers, partners, integrators and consultants on new market platforms, network infrastructures or network management or analytics solutions. Conduct or participate in customer meetings related to solutions, systems architectures, design and overall deployment providing best practices. Assist with installations and trouble-shooting quality issues, responding to RFPs and general large account management.
The successful candidate will be a proficient self-starter, with strong technical skills and industry knowledge, excellent communication skills with experience as a customer facing Systems Engineer and possess advanced knowledge of the CommScope physical infrastructure and management systems.
The Key Account SE is part of matrixed selling team and will collaborate with Key Account Managers on account and technical strategy for the accounts assigned, is a general resource for the Key Accounts team in his/her area of domain expertise and coordinates with product management, product
marketing, Office of the CTO, field sales and other portions of the business to establish CommScope as a thought leader and move the account relationships from tactical to strategic while eliminating technical blockers to the adoption of CommScope solutions in Key Accounts.
Responsibilities may include:
- Work closely with sales and marketing to provide pre-sale and post-sale systems engineering support and incremental value to our customers. Assist in the development of the sales and technical strategy.
- Establish, maintain and create new relationships in the account across different operational teams including facilities, structured cabling, telecommunications, IT and OT (Operations Technology). Develop a keen understanding of the customer’s pain point and business initiatives while expanding CommScope’s sphere of influence and creating demand for CommScope’s technologies and solutions.
- Design of complex networking topologies for customer deployments and provide guidance on technology trends to customers, partners and consultants.
- Lead or participate in customer meetings related to solutions, systems architectures, design and overall deployment. Create and update solutions presentations for end-user customers, partners and consultants oriented towards enhancing the sale of CommScope’s product lines through discussions of current systems technologies. Contribute new material back to the larger technical community for broader use.
- Drive the development of on-site warranty certification inspection documentation to ensure that CommScope guidelines have been followed during the installation. Develop, contribute or influence customer design specifications to include CommScope solutions and services and incorporate best practices. Provide training for installation partners, CommScope field team and end users in accordance with installation instructions and guidelines.
- Coordinate a consistent global technical strategy and solution for assigned Key Accounts.
- Specify Bills of Material, provide network diagrams and assist with complex bid support.
- Interact with the broader System Engineering community to gather and provide feedback to PLM and product engineering on current market trends and design features that will improve the marketability of CommScope’s product line. Work closely with engineering and PLM for the design and development of new products and ecosystem solutions that address our Key Accounts technical and business requirements.
- Participate in industry forums and events in specific verticals to develop and maintain market, industry and vertical expertise
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert on owned area of domain expertise, for the Key Accounts team and broader SE Community and Product Management including technical and competitive differentiation of CommScope’s solutions and Industry Trends.
- Act as liaison between Key Accounts customers and manufacturing, product management and engineering by documenting customer technical requests, coordinating communication and following up with customers, Product Managers, and Account Managers on the results of requests.
· Undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/BA minimum) in Electrical, Computer, or Networking Engineering; Computer Programming; Information Technology; Management Information Systems; Computer Science; or Mathematics
· High School Diploma with 10-15 years of related experience or a completed Bachelor’s Degree with
9-10 years of related experience
· RCDD or DCD Certifications preferred
· Able to work on complex problems with limited management
· Ability to support troubleshooting of complex problems
· Will follow standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations
· Ability to produce Data Center cabling infrastructure design drawings
· Ability to produce cabling specification documents
· Fluent English both written and spoken communication skills are required
· Self-guided learning to develop professional technical expertise
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage complex projects cross-functionally
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with English fluency
· Mastery of presentation tools and skills
· Able to communicate technical solutions/problems at different levels of technical expertise