Ruckus Networks is seeking a Networking Systems Engineer (SE) for the Southeast territory. The primary territory will be customer accounts in North and South Carolina.
The SE will provide customer-focused technical sales and support to our customers and channel partners, along with their Territory Account Manager. The SE will perform technical demos, proof of concept trials, training, and deliver presentations for customers, partners, prospects and events. The successful candidate will be a proficient self-starter, with strong technical skills and industry knowledge, and excellent communication skills. Possess a working knowledge of the Ruckus wireless and wired portfolio and related technologies.
- Pre-sales engineering design, Bill of Material creation, sales opportunity engagement, and technical training individually or in larger group settings.
- Identifying and driving the development of a territory account plan based on awareness of the business economics and trends of the industries including vertical markets in which one's customers conduct business.
- Have a working knowledge of Ruckus Networks wireless, wired and software products.
- Act as a technical advisor to customer and partners with the ability to differentiate and competitively position Ruckus products.
- Assist the Territory Account Manager in driving revenue and selling solutions to obtain quota goals.
- General knowledge of pre-sales engineering and sales processes to include critical account management.
- Ability to communicate both written and oral, on technical solutions to a variety of audiences that may include executive level decision makers.
- General knowledge of SE technical skills; specifically, 802.11 a/g/n/ac/ax, 3GPP & LTE (a plus) wireless design and assessment, heat map creation, wireless troubleshooting, wireless network optimization, IP routing and switching WAN/LAN design, configuration, troubleshooting, Layer 4-7 application services, security authentication methods and products, RADIUS, AD, Virtualization environments/deployments, VM installations, (any of VMWare, KVM, Hyper-V, GCE, Azure, AWS), Cloudpath etc.
- General knowledge of the following areas of specialization: VLAN; Security; VoIP; QoS wired/wireless; BYOD/MDM; PtP; Mesh; Wireless Controller Architectures; Wi-Fi protocols and transmission, RF engineering, Indoor and Outdoor wireless deployments; Packet Capture/Analysis Tools; WLAN Security in the areas of Authentication, Encryption, RADIUS/AAA, EAP/PSK, and Active Directory; RF polarization and Antenna signal propagation behavior.
Experience with the Ekahau Pro heat map and site survey applications is preferred
- Undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/BA minimum) in Electrical, Computer, or Networking Engineering; Computer Programming; Information Technology; Management Information Systems; Computer Science; Mathematics.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with IP/Wireless technologies.
- An associate level networking industry certification such as CCNA, BPIPA, JNCIA, Aruba, Ruckus, CWNA is preferred.
- Ability to support troubleshooting of complex problems.
- Effective technical presentation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.