Sarstedt, Inc., a leading manufacturer and distributor of laboratory consumables, medical devices and instruments, is looking for a Regional Sales Manager in the Chicago, IL area. The company offers a competitive salary and a benefits package with this position. The candidate MUST live within a 15-mile radius of Los Angeles, CA.
Responsible for managing all activities and performance of Account Managers in the assigned sales region. Responsible for sales growth and ensuring the maximization of sales opportunities. Ensures customer relationships are maintained and nurtured. Responsible for managing all activities and performance of Account Managers in the assigned sales region. Responsible for sales growth and ensuring the maximization of sales opportunities. Ensures customer relationships are maintained and nurtured. Manages Account Managers within the assigned region. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these individuals. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages and directs Account Managers in the assigned region by setting goals, tracking performance and assigning sales directives.
• Maintains and enhances relationships with current customers while expanding relationships with potential clients.
• Generates business development and growth opportunities by establishing a pipeline with the assigned Account Managers.
• Travels with the Account Managers to expand and enhance existing and potential customer base.
• Responsible for maintaining and supporting assigned Key Accounts in territory.
• Responsible for achieving the region’s sales performance goals and the overall Company's sales goals as determined by management.
• Promotes and supports Account Managers’ efficient use of resources to maximize growth potential.
• Provides reports and analyses to management as required.
• Maintains current record of business activities and customer correspondence utilizing the CRM system.
• Attends national and regional trade shows to promote Sarstedt's extensive product line.
• Other duties may be assigned as apparent or required by management.
• Bachelor's degree required. A minimum of two to five years’ experience in Sales management required.
• Minimum of 2-5 years' experience as a Regional Sales Manager in a highly competitive market preferred. Must have managed a minimum of 2-3 direct reports.
• Previous experience in a life science / research / medical setting with knowledge of laboratory and/or diagnostic products and requirements preferred.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific journals, sales reports, and legal documents.
• Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers or members of the business community.
• Ability to develop and deliver customer presentations and proposals.
• Ability to effectively communicate with employees, affiliates, customers, and managers.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Systems, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access.
• Experience with Project Management software preferred.
• Must have 2-5 years’ experience with CRM system tools.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
• The employee is frequently required to stand for extended periods of time at trade shows and customer locations; The employee is also frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
• The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Position is located in assigned region. This job requires a minimum of 90% regional and national travel and the ability to operate a motor vehicle.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles in a hospital setting. The employee may be exposed to Bloodborne Pathogens and will require training on preventative measures. The employee must also be able to obtain immunization records and maintain compliancy with all vendor requirements.
• The noise level in the work environment can be moderate to loud.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The Company participates in E-Verify