Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Do you like taking on challenges and making an impact? As an Assistant Product Manager you will be working in cooperation and support of the Product Line Management team responsible for market support of the fiber optic equipment product line including providing support with market research and analysis, product lifecycle management, product pricing, product line planning, and new product development in our Shakopee, MN office.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Designs, develops and manages activities for a specific product or group of products from product definition and planning through production, release, and end of life.
- Serves as the central resource with design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing as the product(s) move to production and distribution.
- Involvement lasts throughout all stages of a product’s lifecycle including modifications, upgrades and maintenance of the product or product line.
- Assists PLM team to create inventory management and shipping processes, coordinating quotes, bid preparation, product loads, and cost inquiries.
- Conducts market research, monitors competitive activity and identifies customer needs to define new product requirements. Gather and analyze competitive intelligence and messaging.
- Analyzes sales and other financial data using Excel and/or Access concerning market penetration and expansion, product modification, and new product development.
- Works with engineering, manufacturing and sales to develop new products or enhance existing product(s) or product line(s) to improve the user experience.
- Prioritize the implementation of new features and set timelines.
- Monitor and report on users' reactions post launch.
- Create, support and training documents for internal and external users. Supports sales and marketing presentations and demonstrations for additional technical expertise on specific products, applications, or markets.
- Perform quality assurance controls on products. Participate in system configuration.
Skills & Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years professional experience
- Able to travel up to 15%
- Intermediate to advance experience with Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related program a plus
- Master’s Degree a plus
- Experience with SAP, Access, or other database software
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in a technical environment and to non-technical audiences
- Understanding of manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated role progression professionally or in recognized organizations
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.