Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
As a Strategy & Market Intelligence Analyst in our Richardson, TX office you will be part of the Strategy and Business Development team and assist forming recommendations to senior management. The team is held to the high intellectual, analytical, and professional standards including but not limited to data integrity and respecting the sensitive nature of the data. As part of this team you will collaborate with the Director, Enterprise Strategy & Technology and the Strategy and Business Development team in a variety of ways including:
- Provide analytical & strategic-thinking and ingenuity to help design and execute qualitative and quantitative research for studying business issues & projects (market research, scenario planning, forecasting, business plan development, competitive intelligence, profitability, etc.).
- Lead small to medium sized strategy projects & work streams to support CommScope’s market insights and strategic planning process.
- Work with the business to identify key business issues, articulate problems, apply appropriate analytical frameworks, approach analytical frameworks and develop recommendations. Responsible for presenting findings to stakeholders when applicable.
- Apply a broad knowledge of business concepts and analytical principles to develop analytical frameworks, approach and methodology best practices to analyze complex strategy issues.
- Track market performance; identify and assess new trends related to the market.
- Develop new quantitative approaches to telecommunications, enterprise, & data center market estimations, forecasting and segmentation.
- Evaluate the market size and ecosystem of a potential adjacent market.
- Determine the future market outlook and company position of a particular product line or technology or competitive company.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to conduct analysis and formulate conclusions based on a combination of quantitative and qualitative analysis using a variety of tools including secondary research, interviews and surveys.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated skills in gathering data from multiple, often disparate, sources and synthesizing raw data into meaningful reports and presentations using Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to make effective oral presentations and prepare concise written reports & presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of financial concepts such as discounted cash flow, financial statement analysis and financial forecasting.
- Effective verbal, written and professional communication abilities.
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively within a team environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as finance, mathematics, economics, or engineering
- MBA degree
- Fluency in a second language
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.