This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Due to growth and customer demand, we are currently recruiting for a Inside Sales Manager to join our team in Charlotte, NC.
You are first and foremost a developer of people – a coach who is passionate about developing talent and launching careers. Someone who can push people to higher and higher levels of performance. You have many people who have worked for you, have gone on to greater things, and acknowledge the role you played. More than your own accomplishments you take pride in your reports who have gone from good to great. You are the leader who finds diamonds in the rough no one else can see.
You are process oriented and either a professionally trained or self-taught experimenter who can set up measurements, metrics and dashboards. Your coaching ability tells you how to coach a skill – your process and metrics expertise tells you where to focus that skill. You know the numbers don’t lie and are always on looking for key insights and root causes.
You can be ruthless with your time, knowing that focusing on 1 or 2 A+ problems is far more effective than being busy all of the time with 50 C- problems. You know what matters and you dial your focus there.
You are high on personal accountability, and unwavering on your personal values. You believe that leadership is a position of responsibly, not of privilege. You are a lifelong learner.
Build and oversee a 30+ strong inside sales team that intentionally develops personnel with the intent of moving our best and most experience reps into field or corporate roles while maintaining a very high revenue generation and performance expectation.
You will need to help develop and hone a department lifecycle that recruits well, on-boards fast, reliably develops top talent, and then proactively sends your best out to other departments. Rinse, repeat and refine.
As a leader you will be a liaison with supporting functions across the organization including facilities, HR, IT, Operations, Logistics, regional Sales and Marketing. You must understand their needs and be able into incorporate information that furthers both your team and company’s charter, and then deftly navigate all that is not.
This is a hands-on role with significant emphasis on physical presence and active coaching. You will focus on the process but be open to modifying and improving the process based on verifiable evidence. You must be a strong coach capable of adjusting your techniques to ensure best results.
Partner with local managers to identify and analyze areas of revenue generation opportunities for products and/or services in support of business goals and to monitor the sales agent’s overall effectiveness throughout the sales process.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Build, tune and develop a high-performance sales team with professionals who not only excel in this team but can also move into field sales or other teams across the business to and excel there as well.
- Coaching and developing talent professionals and recruits– many of whom are at the beginning stage of their careers.
- Execute activity across assigned customers to deliver against revenue goals in line with regionally defined strategy and goals.
- Create a winning culture for the team that supports the mission
- Ensure associates are skilled accordingly and plan personal and team development programs
- Execute local sales training programs and keep updated on new training methods and techniques.
- Assess and analyze business needs with recommendations on training plans, programs and tools to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Work cross-functionally between various departments to help measure, analyze and enhance the performance of revenue generation activities connected with counter sales effectiveness.
- Establish the annual business goals (revenue and other KPIS) for the team
- Drive ambitious yet attainable team and individual KPI’s and metrics
- Monitor and measure the team against agreed KPIs and metrics
- Report statistical feedback on business goals and key performance drivers to management
- Identify opportunities to take necessary action to tune performance where needs be
- Ensure that adequate “talent pool” resource is continually available through a “feeder” program
- Recommend the appropriate tools needed to meet the goals and improve performance
- A completed Bachelor's Degree with 2 plus years of experience leading teams preferred
- Significant and proven experience in building and maintaining best in class inside sales or other high performance teams - you are probably a coach or mentor in your fee time
- Sales experience in a global organization that has experienced exceptional growth
- Proven success in leveraging CRM’s to drive sales and effectiveness
- B2B outward bound sales environment experience
- Demonstrable track record of sourcing, hiring and onboarding new talent
- Track record of not only achieving results but exceeding them
- Strong background in building partnerships with account management and other sales teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to interpret and present complex concepts
- Proven ability in the use of Microsoft office, to deliver professional client communications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel and internet/phone presentations.
- An understanding of IT infrastructure would be advantageous
- A human approach with strong ability to relate to people and communicate effectively at all levels
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.