Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
The Field Application Engineer (FAE) is responsible for direct support of internal and external customers to provide technical assistance and be an active member of the sales team to represent the company solutions. Responsible for pre and post-sales support on product information, installations and quality trouble shooting. The FAE is also responsible for enabling our sellers and partners.
MUST BE IN THE SEATTLE AREA
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Work closely with sales and marketing to provide pre-sale and post-sale application engineering support to provide additional value to our customers. This may include traveling to customer facilities with sales and marketing personnel when additional technical expertise is required.
- Create and update solutions presentations for end-user customers and Consultants geared toward enhancing sales of CommScope’s product lines through discussions of current systems technologies. Contribute new material back to the larger technical community for broader use.
- Act as liaison between North America/global customers and manufacturing/engineering by forwarding customer technical requests and coordinating communication and follow-up with customers, Technical Managers, and Account Managers on results of requests.
- Interact with Enterprise Technical Managers to gather and provide feedback to PLM and product engineering on current market trends and design features that will improve the marketability of CommScope’s product line. Work closely with engineering and PLM for the design and development of new products with particular focus around application support.
- Develop on-site warranty certification inspection documentation to ensure that CommScope guidelines have been followed during the installation. Provide training for installation partners and end users in accordance with installation instructions and guidelines.
- Contribute to Enterprise Solutions product literature maintenance by identifying inconsistencies and errors. Support sales and marketing with any media activities. This may include writing articles for publications, assisting with advertising or preparing technical documentation such as design guides.
- Technical apprenticeship with long-term related experience or a completed Bachelor's Degree with first proven related experience
- RCDD or DCD Certifications preferred
- Ability to produce Data Center cabling infrastructure design drawings
- Ability to produce cabling specification documents
- Fluent English both written and spoken communication skills are required
- Proficient level of German both written and spoken communication skills would be an advantage
- Ability to introduce new technologies and solutions to customer
- Ability to work on complex problems with limited management
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations
- Self-guided learning to develop professional technical expertise
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate technical solutions/problems in layman terms
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.