Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
The technical marketing manager acts as a solution matter expert (SME) with responsibility for creating, project managing and presenting integrated product and solution experiences, at leading edge events and customer innovation centers across the globe.
The primary responsibility is the delivery of compelling product & solution experiences that communicates the value propositions of CommScope’s solutions
- Working with the portfolio leaders, have a complete understanding of the focus portfolio areas and messaging framework for the business segment(s)
- Translate this go-to-market messaging into story-lines illustrated by conceptual and live experiences for targeted customers: virtual and face-face
- Identify and source the necessary equipment to create compelling demonstrations of our product and solution portfolio.
- Responsibility for supporting Tier 1 events, in collaboration with the portfolio leader, operating segment unit and regional marketing, and the delivery of the agreed messaging to customers and prospects through both live demonstrations and supporting presentation collateral
- Responsibility for ensuring the appropriate alignment & integration of our solutions to underpin our approach at such events
- Liaise with stand contractor (s) on optimal stand layout, individual solution, cabling plan, power requirements, internet service etc.
- Coordination of all event pre-staging demonstration efforts, to include product & rack shipments, the implementation of demonstrations at the events and post event assessment and logistics.
- Maintain, operate and evolve the Customer Innovation centres. Test and confirm all systems are operational and demonstrations are functioning as required.
- Participate in customer visit planning and objectives in support of sales opportunities and ensure demonstrations and products are operational.=
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Support with developing solution positioning and messaging that is buyer need-focused
- Support the development of sales enablement content (such as competitive positioning guides, presentations, etc.)
- This position reports to the Portfolio Marketing Director.
- Five years technical experience working in the TV, broadband (cable, telco) and mobile industry.
- Knowledge of computer systems from Windows, Mac, Linux, including Wi-Fi, IP networking and mobile devices support- programming experience and knowledge of cloud computing and application virtualization desirable.
- Knowledge of cable networks, IPTV or broadcast video systems, mobile networks including HFC and IP networking, set tops, modems, gateways and consumer video devices.
- Ability to project manage complex solutions delivery in a strongly matrixed environment, requiring influencing skills to align and utilize other resources.
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Power-point and word), AV tools, and Linux or Unix, Web – HTML.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation of products in a customer environment.
- Collaborative attitude: able to work across teams and to create and lead indirect teams with peers from: product management, marketing, field application engineering, sales enablement, channel, corporate communications and sales to align their strategy and tactics for successful promotion of the portfolio.
Quickly finds common ground, solve problems; represent own interests and is fair to other groups; solves problems with peers; seen as a team player; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
- Persuades and creates buy-in and enthusiastic support at varying levels within the organization.
- Interpersonal savvy: Relates well to people at all levels in and out of the organization; builds rapport; uses diplomacy and tact.
- Customer Focus: creates business-aligned and customer-focused solutions: dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gathers customer information and applies it; acts with customers in mind and has a global mindset.
- Creative and innovative: Generates new and unique ideas; seen as original and value-added in discussions.
- Detail-oriented and well-organized: secures resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; orchestrates multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; prioritizes and focuses on critical
- Functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Results driven: counted on to exceed goals; pushes self and team to achieve results.
Position requires travel (<30%)
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.