Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Due to growth and customer demand, we are currently recruiting for a qualified Manager, Business Development to join our DCCS team.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for driving and executing In-Building Wireless (DAS, Small Cell, & CBRS) business development initiatives in North America along with influencing the broader CommScope portfolio. In this capacity, the individual will liaison extensively with the sales team, System Engineering, Product Line Management, Business Partners, Strategic Partners, Distributors and the End-users. Additional responsibilities include providing pre-sales support, product line technical training; lead qualification, estimates, preparation of proposals; customer presentations, and joint sales calls. This individual will also help develop organizational strategies through continuously gathering market and competitive intelligence. This person needs to be entrepreneurial. The Business Development Manager will also be responsible for developing and implementing short-term and long-term strategies in new accounts and new vertical segments to drive the In-Building Wireless marketplace. The Business Development Manager is an experienced manager, with business development & channel management experience; knowledgeable of the overall business, market(s), product portfolio, customers & channels that required to define the vision, goals and objectives for business development initiatives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Develop new accounts and strategic partners, including corporate relationships, solution definitions, joint marketing and potentially joint go-to-market.
- Provide pre-sales support and product training sessions to customers that include wireless operators, major OEM, strategic partners, system integrators distributors, and enterprises.
- Working with sales team to identify new business opportunities and jointly form strategies to gain market share by leveraging both companies’ expertise, technologies and intellectual property to enhance value and expand the products, services, and market reach.
- Coordinate RFI response on large opportunities with the Bid and Proposal team.
- Work with Product Line Management Team and conduct market analysis, competitive positioning.
- Develop and implement short-term and long-term strategies in new accounts and new vertical segments in the DAS marketplace.
- Architect and establish new initiatives with internal and external customers to solve strategic and customer issues.
- Establish close working relationships with existing customers, sales prospects and internal stakeholders to understand the needs related to business development initiatives.
- Work with corporate marketing team and industry partners to develop/coordinate seminars, conference panel speakers, marketing collateral, newsletter articles, and/or conducting facilitated collaboration & ideation sessions.
- May develop, mentor and/or manage other business development employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field required. MBA is strongly preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant experience with customer/partnership, business development and sales related to DAS and Small Cell required.
- Technical skill of understanding our solutions-acumen to be able to articulate products and solutions, navigate internal process and proceduresMust have experience with RF technology, product and business development.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in working in the IBW marketplace.
- Must have experience with RF technology, product and business development.
- Strategic thinking with strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business owners and senior level executives
- In-depth understanding of the core business, core competency and capabilities required.
- Must be capable of solving highly complex business and political intertwined problems concurrently.
- Effective negotiation and influencing skills required.
- A proven record of accomplishments.
- Must be highly self-motivated and detailed oriented.
- Position requires extensive travel (~60%).
Candidates must live in the Chicago, IL area
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
United States;United States : Illinois;United States : Illinois : Joliet || United States : Illinois : Lisle