Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Our Distributed Coverage and Capacity Solutions group is looking to add a Business Development Manager to help promote our DAS & Small Cell product portfolio. The ideal candidate will reside in the Greater Denver, CO.What to Expect:
As the Business Development Manager for DAS and Small cells, you will lead and execute In-Building Wireless (DAS, Small Cell, & CBRS) business development initiatives in North America along with influencing the broader CommScope portfolio. In this capacity, the individual will liaison extensively with the sales team, System Engineering, Product Line Management, Business Partners, Strategic Partners, Distributors and the End-users. Additional responsibilities include providing pre-sales support, product line technical training; lead qualification, estimates, preparation of proposals; customer presentations, and joint sales calls. This individual will also help develop interpersonal strategies through continuously collecting market and results-oriented intelligence. You will also handle the development and implementation of strategies in new accounts and uncharted vertical segments to drive the In-Building Wireless marketplace.You Will Make an Impact By:
- Developing new accounts and strategic partners, including corporate relationships, solution definitions, joint marketing, and potentially joint go-to-market.
- Providing pre-sales support and product training sessions to customers that include wireless operators, major OEM, strategic partners, system integrators distributors, and enterprises.
- Working with sales team to identify new opportunities and jointly form strategies to gain market share by demonstrating both companies’ expertise, technologies, and intellectual property to improve value and expand the products, services, and market reach.
- Coordinate RFI response on large opportunities with the Bid and Proposal team.
- Work cross-functionally and conduct market analysis, results-oriented positioning.
- Develop and implement short-term and long-term strategies in new accounts and new vertical segments in the DAS marketplace.
- Architect and establish new initiatives with internal and external customers to seek strategic and customer issues.
- Establish close working relationships with existing customers, sales prospects, and internal partners to understand the needs related to our initiatives.
- Work with corporate marketing team and industry partners to develop/coordinate seminars, conference panel speakers, marketing collateral, newsletter articles, and/or conducting facilitated collaboration & conceptualization sessions.
- Having the opportunity to develop, mentor, and/or lead other business development employees.
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years of validated experience with customer/partnership, business development, and sales related to DAS and Small Cell
- Three (3) years of experience in working in the In-building Wireless Market marketplace
- Technical understanding of industry solutions (DAS, Small Cell, IBW) and the ability to articulate products and solutions, navigate internal process and procedures
- Experience with RF and RF technology
- Critical thinking with able judicious and problem-solving skills
- An ability to work well with top-level customer and company management
- Capable of solving highly sophisticated business and politically intertwined problems concurrently
- Effective debate and influencing skills with a consistent track record of accomplishments
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and highly organized
- Willingness to Travel (Up to 60% under normal circumstances)
- Local to the Denver, Colorado/Front Range area
- Have a completed MBA
- Have familiarity with our customers and competition within the marketplace
- Have a validated ability to quickly build new relationships, navigate complex organizations and influence multiple partners
- Have active contacts within the industry
The candidate will be rewarded with a comprehensive benefits package, including paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision plans, life and accidental death insurance, a 401(k) plan, and participation in the Company’s Sales Incentive Plan.
Anticipated salary range dependent on experience and qualifications: $120,000 - $180,000.
In today’s always-on world, CommScope is pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping networks of the future. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity, and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.