Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Due to growth and customer demand, CommScope is recruiting for a Program Manager for an opportunity within the Distributed Coverage and Capacity Solutions (DCCS) group based in Richardson, Texas.
The DCCS Program Manager will oversee the development and execution of large-scale programs and responsible for the development of project bids and proposals related to the Americas business.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
Incumbent will be responsible for 2 key areas:
- Act as primary point of contact for assigned program(s).
- Assign milestones, develop reporting processes and ensure that team members have what they need to complete their projects. Program Managers act as a liaison between the individuals working on the program and key stakeholders.
- Have a detailed understanding of the scope, schedule, costs, and requirements needed to execute program and related projects.
- Define the program controls consisting of the processes, procedures, reporting, etc., to manage the program.
- Plan the overall program using industry standard action planning, cost tracking, and scheduling techniques.
- Partner with engineering, sales, and operation teams to achieve program objectives.
- Establish and facilitate internal project meetings, as needed, to successfully execute program tasks and activities.
- Define, schedule and facilitate internal and external customer meetings as needed to successfully execute program tasks and activities.
- Coordinate the projects and their interdependencies between the various projects and programs in the program.
- Communicate project status monthly to management and support team focusing on schedule, cost, resources, and risks.
Bids and Proposals:
- Manage proposal & bid preparation, obtain proposal sign-off, and support proposal fact-finding and clarification. This will include working closely with all levels of personnel / management.
- Partner and collaborate with the other DCCS Americas management to implement positive standardized business practices across the organization in order to grow the organization and improve its overall success.
- Ensure management is kept abreast of any issues related to project performance and overall departmental operations.
- Maintain positive cohesive relationships with all areas of DCCS management.
- Ensure the functional operation and integrity of the program(s).
- Promote a harmonious atmosphere of excellence as related to all aspects of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree with eight (8) plus years of related experience.
- Excellent decision-making, judgement and interpersonal skills to plan and manage requirements necessary to execute programs, projects, and related activities.
- Proven ability to coordinate program objectives with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage & lead a team.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong experience with Small Cell and Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS).
- Must be self-driven with the ability to understand and act on priorities.
- Knowledge of generally accepted project and program management methodologies described in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Knowledge of bid & proposal processes and standards as related to RF coverage projects is essential.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills required.
- This is a customer facing position. Building and maintaining strong customer relationships are essential.
- Knowledge of products, processes, pricing models, bid and proposal procedures required.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.