Sarstedt, Inc., a leading manufacturer and distributor of laboratory consumables, medical devices and instruments, is looking for an Account Manager to join their Sales team. This is a remote, full time sales job.
The candidate must live within 20 miles of the Philadelphia, PA area. The company offers a competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short or long term disability, a 401(k) plan and life insurance.
The Account Manager is responsible for increasing sales of Sarstedt, Inc. products by growing and fostering customer relationships and creating new business opportunities via daily face-to-face customer interactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing sales with assigned existing and potential customers in the clinical division and life sciences field.
- Position Sarstedt, Inc. as an industry leader, expand product reach and promote value added service.
- Reviews lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from trade shows, aged leads, business directories, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Follows-up on telesales efforts, prospecting for new business opportunities and strengthening existing customer relationship.
- Travels throughout assigned territory on a monthly basis to call on regular and prospective customers.
- Responsible for communicating with the Company's Most Valuable Accounts determined by the Sales Manager, via telephone email and customer site visits.
- Coordinates, plans, directs, and manages all aspects of assigned accounts, including development of business plans, price proposals, and analysis of individual customer sales.
- Displays or demonstrates product to customers using samples or catalog.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Records new customer data and other sales data for current customer, providing account status updates to the Sales Manager as requested.
- Attends national and regional trade shows, sales training, refresher trainer, and new product introduction presentations as required.
- Responsible for achieving territory sales performance goals and the overall Company's sales goals as determined by management.
- Responsible to log all customers interactions/activities in the CRDB such as appointments, quotes, samples, etc., on a daily basis.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in a Life Science or Health Science field from a four-year college or university; and two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in medical or research sales is required.
- Research laboratory, clinical background, and/or prior sales experience preferred.
- Must possess a proven track record of interpersonal and communications skills.
- Must have the ability to interface with all levels of customers.
- Ability to manage tasks efficiently and work independently.
- Proficiency in office systems, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access.
- Candidate must be able to utilize a business tablet to conduct business at customer visits and to be able to send quotes on the spot.
- Market knowledge of laboratory consumables, medical devices, instruments and potential customer base preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job requires up to 75% to 90%, including some overnight, travel and the ability to operate a motor vehicle. The employee is often exposed to clinical environments, hospitals, research laboratories and clinics.
The Company participates in E-Verify
Please Note: Due to the volume of resume submissions, candidates will be contacted directly if considered for the interview process. We look forward to reviewing your credentials.