The Partner Account Manager (PAM) drives revenue through comprehensive business planning and the execution of action plans which drive sales, marketing and brand elevation efforts within a defined set of channel partners. Responsibilities include recruiting, managing and developing partners through collaborative selling, marketing and channel program execution.
• Responsible for the overall long-term & short-term business planning, sales strategies and revenue goals in line with corporate objectives for the targeted channel partners.
• Responsible for leadership, sales and engineering engagements and relationship development within both the internal sales teams and the targeted channel partners.
• Responsible for forecasting, marketing, prospecting, training and channel business plans for targeted channels.
• Partner value-add development activities focused on building partner effectiveness requiring in depth knowledge of wired and wireless network technologies.
• Partner market development activities focused on sales program & initiative development, roll-out and effectiveness tracking & reporting to ensure a positive ROI against revenue growth.
• Co-Selling activities include internal & external partner events, trade-shows, sales & proposal development, RFP responses and end-user sales presentations to ensure lead-generation.
• Communication, coordination and collaboration activities both internally & externally with sales, distribution and alliance partners to ensure partner execution and success.
• Operational support activities ranging from sales and product forecasting, distribution product allocation management, shipping and implementation support may also be needed. Qualifications The ideal candidate has a minimum of 5-7 years selling experience in the high tech (IT) market with 3-5 years selling experience working with direct market resellers (DMRs). This individual should have a proven, successful track record in end user selling and channel management. Demonstrable sales experience and related business acumen for developing, articulating and executing go-to-market action plans that minimally meet or exceed defined corporate goals and objectives are required.
• Accomplished presentation, written and verbal communication skills
• Experience selling IT products to high-level management and other decision makers.
• A highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently.
• Ability and track record of working collaboratively with a team.
• Ability to overcome adversity and objections.
• A proven, consistent over achievement of sales quotas – exceeding customer expectations.
• Ability to manage multiple objectives, tasks and clients.
• Ability to prospect and qualify potential partners and customers.
• Previous experience selling through distribution and VAR partners, and a good knowledge of channels/distributors in the territory is essential.
• 4 year college degree is required
• 4+ years competitive IT sales, direct and/or channel
• A specific preference will be given for experience working with direct market resellers (DMRs)
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment
practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, and veteran or disability status.