Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Immigration Language THIS NOTICE IS BEING POSTED AS A RESULT OF AN APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT ALIEN LABOR CERTIFICATION FOR THE POSITION OF APPLICATIONS ENGINEER. ANY PERSON MAY PROVIDE DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE BEARING ON THE APPLICATION TO THE NATIONAL PROCESSING CENTER OFFICE AND/OR CERTIFYING OFFICER OF THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR: U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration Harris Tower 233 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 410 Atlanta, GA 30303
Due to our
continued growth and customer demand we are currently recruiting for a qualified, interested and available Welder I FOR SECOND SHIFT, for an opportunity located in
This position will be responsible for performing all aspects of welding including brazing and cutting using gas and electric welding
equipment. The candidate will also plan details (procedure as well as material needed) of each task assigned, fabricate equipment using gas torches
or arch welders, grind components to prepare for rebuilds, tack weld parts, build up worn or defective surfaces, use burning equipment to dismantle
assemblies and to cut material to specified sizes, regulate equipment, keep a clean and orderly work area. He/she has the ability to follow written welding
procedures, and the willingness to train in order to reach higher levels of certification.
- A High School diploma or GED
- 2 years of relevant welding experience GMAW is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ previous welding experience that possesses basic AWSD1.1 welding certifications, are preferred.
- Previous experience with grinding and fitting
- The ability to read schematics and blue prints accompanied by knowledge of welding symbols is required
- The ability to use metrics as well as standard measurements
- English communication skill is preferred
- A strong work ethic with a commitment to quality workmanship
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills are required
- The individual should be a team player with the ability to follow instruction with little to no supervision as well the ability to accommodate occasional overnight travel
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.