Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking an Welder (2nd Shift). This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has a minimum of 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. HSM is seeking qualified candidates at our location in Fort Smith, AR. This is a 2nd shift position, Monday- Friday 2:00pm-10:00pm. Listed below are the Responsibilities and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.)
- Weld metal units in fixtures, jigs, or other positioning devices.
- Weld sub assembly components of metal units ,bus seats, such as tubes and hinges.
- Stock components as necessary for daily activities.
- Repair or replace MIG welder components, such as welding lead, regulators, diffusers, and welding tips.
- Replace wire stump as needed.
- Measure and record quality information.
- Report and correct quality issues as assigned by Supervisor or Lead.
- Actively participate in housekeeping requirements for the department.
- Operate robotic welders to include basis troubleshooting and programming.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Operate drill for sub assembly components of bus seat units, such as tack-strips.
- Operate plasma torch for various bus seat components.
- Replace Argon/CO2 cylinders and pressure regulator hardware.
- Attach tags as directly by forklift operator, lead or supervisor.
- Repair or replace various robotic welder components.
- Assist other members of production as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to perform this job.
- Ability to use MIG welder to qualify standards.
- Must pass manual in-house welding test.