This job is archived
HSM is seeking qualified candidates for the Welder position at our Metal Plant in Hickory, NC. This is a 1st shift position (Monday-Friday – 7:30am-3:30pm). Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welding parts into position for seat boxes, rocker bases and power yolk machines.
- Perform checks.
- Follow prints on work orders.
- Place parts onto fixture, engage machine for rocker base weld.
- Set up fixture for seat boxes and power yoke mechanisms for manual weld
- Place completed welded parts on rack for transport to next process.
- Place assigned welder mark on assembler.
- Complete necessary paperwork that will be used for SPC and maintain production schedule.
- Properly identify all containers as WIP, rework, or non-conforming product.
- Maintain safe operation.
- Must be able to use calipers, micrometers, tape measure, industrial size hand tools.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and take direction well.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical prints.
- Must be able to do simple math (add, subtract, divide, and multiply.)
- Must have excellent attendance and work record.
- Must have 1-2 years of production welding experience (MIG Welding)
- Must be able to perform other duties as deemed by management.