Performs various tasks necessary to weld powder coated metal products. This is a 1st shift position : Mon. – Fri. : 8am -4pm with overtime as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.)
• Weld metal units in fixtures, jigs, or other positioning devices.
• Weld sub assembly components of metal units ,bus seats, such as tubes and hinges.
• Stock components as necessary for daily activities.
• Repair or replace MIG welder components, such as welding lead, regulators, diffusers, and welding tips.
• Replace wire stump as needed.
• Measure and record quality information.
• Report and correct quality issues as assigned by Supervisor or Lead.
• Actively participate in housekeeping requirements for the department.
• Operate robotic welders to include basis troubleshooting and programming.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Operate drill for sub assembly components of bus seat units, such as tack-strips.
• Operate plasma torch for various bus seat components.
• Replace Argon/CO2 cylinders and pressure regulator hardware.
• Attach tags as directly by forklift operator, lead or supervisor.
• Repair or replace various robotic welder components.
• Assist other members of production as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Must be at least 18 years of age to perform this job.
• Ability to use MIG welder to qualify standards.
• Must pass manual in-house welding test.