This job is archived
Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Welder. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has 1- 2 years production welding experience, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. This position is at our Metal Plant in Hickory, NC. This is a 1st shift position, Monday-Friday, 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM. Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welding parts into position for seat boxes, rocker bases and power yolk machines.
- Perform checks.
- Follow prints on work orders.
- Place parts onto fixture, engage machine for rocker base weld.
- Set up fixture for seat boxes and power yoke mechanisms for manual weld
- Place completed welded parts on rack for transport to next process.
- Place assigned welder mark on assembler.
- Complete necessary paperwork that will be used for SPC and maintain production schedule.
- Properly identify all containers as WIP, rework, or non-conforming product.
- Maintain safe operation.
- Must be able to use calipers, micrometers, tape measure, industrial size hand tools.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and take direction well.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical prints.
- Must be able to do simple math (add, subtract, divide, and multiply.)
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have excellent attendance and work record.
- Must have 1-2 years of production welding experience (MIG Welding)
- Must be able to perform other duties as deemed by management.