Performs various tasks necessary to weld powder coated metal products. This position is for (1) 1st shift: Mon. – Fri. : 6am -2pm with overtime as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.)
- Weld metal units in fixtures, jigs, or other positioning devices.
- Weld sub assembly components of metal units (bus seats, RV steps, etc.), such as tubes and hinges.
- Stock components as necessary for daily activities.
- Repair or replace MIG welder components, such as welding lead, regulators, diffusers, and welding tips.
- Replace wire stump as needed.
- Measure and record quality information.
- Report and correct quality issues as assigned by Supervisor or Lead.
- Actively participate in housekeeping requirements for the department.
- Operate robotic welders to include basis troubleshooting and programming.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Operate drill for sub assembly components of bus seat units, such as tack-strips.
- Operate plasma torch for various bus seat components.
- Replace Argon/CO2 cylinders and pressure regulator hardware.
- Attach tags as directly by forklift operator, lead or supervisor.
- Repair or replace various robotic welder components.
- Assist other members of production as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to perform this job.
- Ability to use MIG welder to qualify standards.
- Must pass manual in-house welding test.