This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
CommScope is hiring Welders / Robotic Welders at our location in Euless, Texas.
Produce and maintain quality product using robot fixtures, and gauges required for manufacturing. Perform various functions such as editing programs and ensure weld processes are followed. Assist in designing and fabricating fixtures for robotic welder.
- Set up and operate robotic welder. Record machinery operation variances from normal settings and results. Complete basic preventive maintenance on machinery and equipment. Performs visual safety checks for machine wear, damage to tooling and correct positioning of safety guards.
- Operates overhead hoists and forklifts to move material and necessary equipment to perform machine operations. Arranges parts as needed for production. Delivers raw stock, partially completed work, and completed jobs to appropriate storage or production areas.
- Examine weld fixtures to determine whether repair, modification or replacement is required. Collaborate with production, engineering and planning to develop improvements in parts or changes in operation or maintenance to reduce setup time or extend tool life.
- Develop, load, and maintain programs that follow the established welding process. Make appropriate adjustments necessary to the machine, tooling and/or program to produce the highest quality product.
- Inspects own parts as well as those of others using tools such as tape measures, scales, calipers and possibly various computerized measuring devices. Reads and completes production, QA and manufacturing documentation as required.
- Work with engineering, designers on future product for robotic welder. Assists in the design of engineering prototypes and manufacturing jobs. Devises methods to fabricate models for engineering. Investigates/recommends new methods, processes, and equipment to improve throughput within the department.
- Determine the best method of repairing defective or damaged fixtures. Troubleshoot and remedy the situation by designing, repairing or fabricating the necessary parts in the most efficient manner to minimize downtime and restore production.
- Maintain work area in a safe and professional manner. Clean, maintain robotic welder to maximize operating reliability, precision, and equipment life. Understand and comply with our ISO standards and environmental management system.
- Train new personnel on operating robotic welder the proper loading and unloading of parts, highlighting the quality requirements and maintenance requirements of the robot.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent preferred.
- One (1) to three (3) years of related machine operating experience required – equivalent education background may be substituted for experience in some areas.
- Minimum one (1) year of robotic welding experience desired.
- One (1) to Two (2) years MIG welding experience.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of welding theory, welding symbols, and procedures (GMAW).
- Must have ability to read and interpret average to complex welding drawings and must be able to work from prints, sketches and verbal instructions.
- Requires a working knowledge of using a teach pendant controller for NC/CNC robotic programming.
- Must possess working knowledge of computers.
- Computer Aid Drawing and CAD CAM experience is preferred.
- Must pass visual acuity test.
- Welder certification (AWS / CWB) required.
- May be required to push, pull or move 100 lbs. or more using the appropriate tools (forklift, hoist, tilt-table, skates or mules) up to 2% of the time.
- Will be required to pass a skills assessment test (including but not limited to blue print reading and tape measure test).
- Must adhere to site policies and EHS safety requirements (i.e. Personal Protective Equipment).
WORK SCHEDULES AVAILABLE (Req #28364):
- 5:00am to 5:00pm Monday – Wednesday every other Thursday
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.