This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Due to our continued growth and customer demand we are currently recruiting for qualified Welder Helpers for opportunities located in Euless, Texas.
Welder helpers may perform various cleaning, welding, brazing or cutting tasks to assist Robotic and/or Lead Welders.
- Welder helpers will be required to assist welders with ensuring they have all materials required for welding product(s) / production orders.
- Will learn and certify on Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) process per WPS (required in 6 months).
- Must have the ability to read a tape measure.
- Train to read blueprints and weld symbols.
- Must work safely and adhere to all PPE and safety requirements.
- Train to safely operate various power hand tools used to prepare, shape and clean the metal pieces, using grinders, needle guns, and/or cutting torches.
- Learn proper technique to prepare all material surfaces to be welded, ensuring that there is no loose or thick scale, slag, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter. Clean workpieces to remove impurities.
- Learn to weld or join metal components in flat position using hand-welding.
- Learn to setup and operate robotic welding equipment.
- Learn how to safely and properly operate overhead jib cranes.
- Accomplishing the required tasks within a specified time, that is considered adequate for a welder helper.
- Perform other related duties, as required and/or special projects as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent preferred.
- Completed welding school certificate and/or minimum one (1) year welding experience.
- Up to 6 months work experience in a welder helper or similar role desired.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of welding a plus
- A good command of the English language including ability to read, write and communicate.
- Physically strong, agile and dexterous. May be required to push, pull or move 100 lbs. or more using the appropriate tools (forklift, hoist, tilt-table, skates or mules) up to 2% of the time.
- Ability to regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift, with assistance, up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to work in a standing position for extended periods.
- As applicable, comfortable with working on elevated surfaces.
- Working knowledge of computer desired.
- Will be required to pass a skills assessment test (i.e. tape measure test).
- Must adhere to site policies and EHS safety requirements (i.e. Personal Protective Equipment).
- Ability to work in a non-climate-controlled environment.
- Ability to work overtime which may required based on business need.
PLANNED WORKING SCHEDULE:
- Friday – Sunday every other Thursday: 5:00am to 5:00pm.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.