Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.)
- Inspect – Look, measure seam allowance, trim threads for various sizes and quantity of products following production orders and proper inspecting procedures.
- Identify and set aside any fabric deviation, flaw, hole, shade or workmanship defect.
- Must be able to maintain and understand quality requirements for each piece of the Navistar line.
- Material labeling – Appropriately mark and label all pieces as required.
- Daily cleanliness task of area and tools – Maintain a safe, clean, and orderly workstation.
- Maintain clean and neat work area..
- Practice proper safety techniques
- Follow all procedures and guidelines.
- Must be able to inspect ALL pieces of the Navistar line proficiently and accurately by the end of probation.
- Assistance with physical inventory inspection and measurement as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to perform this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Formal education not required.
- Minimum of 6 months of previous work experience in a sewing manufacturing setting preferred, but not required for consideration.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Basic reading and writing skills are necessary
- Basic math skills are necessary (addition and subtraction)
- This position requires the ability to compile information, analyze information, decision making, problem solving, planning and short term memory and long term memory.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Must be able to read yard stick or tape measure
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position requires regular standing.
- Position requires regular stretching and reaching.
- Position requires ability to lift up to 10 pounds occasionally