Sarstedt, Inc., a leading manufacturer and distributor of laboratory consumables, is looking for a Quality Control Inspector to work second shift. This position offers a competitive wage and excellent benefits package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties may be assigned as apparent or required by management.
- Collects and visually inspects random samples from various machines and assembly operations.
- Measures samples using calipers, indicator gages, and go/no go gages.
- Utilizes centrifuges, desiccators, and contact angle measuring devices for functional testing of products.
- Documents all inspections, measurements, and functional testing.
- Responsible for the initial assessment of product at production start, including visual inspection, measurements, functional testing, establishment of bag weights, and confirmation of line clearance.
- Documents and communicates product defects to the Quality Control Leadperson and appropriate Production staff.
- Responsible for the initial isolation of defective product.
- Weighs and records scrap as needed.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three to six months related experience and/or training.
- Ability to measure and interpret dimensions using the metric system.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and AS/400 programs.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The Company participates in E-Verify