Directs warehouse operations to include the shipping of product. Controls warehouse functions to ensure the accurate and timely flow of product through the warehouse. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and performs any duty assigned to best serve the company.
Supervises associates to include, but not limited to: staffing, training, coaching, performance management and problem resolution.
Works closely with other operations management to ensure the highest level of efficiency within the overall operation. Ensures trucks are loaded properly on an accurate and timely basis by overseeing workload scheduling in the warehouse. May operate powered material handling equipment in some locations.
Reviews stock status reports, coordinates with inventory staff to ensure accurate counts of inventory are available and sufficient to meet customers’ needs, and communicates about low stock items, seasonal swings and customer promotions.
Ensures customers are notified of stock shortages by providing information to Customer Service Representatives, Warehouse Shift Supervisor and Operations Manager regarding shortages, available substitutes, and recording all information.
Promotes safety through the re-enforcement of current safety programs, additional programs, safety meetings, proper footwear and clothing, and discussions of workers' compensation costs.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Performance Foodservice offers:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision after 30 days!
• Vacation, Personal, and Sick paid time off
• Generous 401k company match
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Employee purchasing perks
• Education Assistance available
• Unlimited growth opportunitiesRequired Qualifications• High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent
• 4-6 years warehouse and team lead or supervisory experience including in-depth knowledge of all warehouse phases.
• Experience with regulatory agencies in the areas of Sanitation, DOT, HACCP, OSHA, etc. Working knowledge of warehouse racking systems.
• In depth knowledge of computer based inventory control systems, warehouse management systems, project management concepts/techniques, relevant safety policies, practices and procedures.Preferred Qualifications• Bachelor’s in business management, procurement or related area.
• 6-10 years warehouse and team lead or supervisory experience including in-depth knowledge of all warehouse phases within the foodservice industry
• Experience with AS400 and/or APT
• OSHA Forklift Operator certificate