Essential Duties andResponsibilitiesinclude thefollowing. Other duties may be assigned as apparent or required bymanagement.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or packing slips.
- Receives finished product from Sarstedt affiliates and U.S. suppliers, including unloading palletized and floor-loaded product, visually inspecting for damage, and creating tickets for storage.
- Ships product by retrieving it from different areas and loading it onto trailers, either palletized or floor-loaded.
- Responsible for ensuring that product is stored, retrieved, and shipped without damage, verifying part number, lot number, and quantity.
- Works according to safety regulations and guidelines at all times and reports unsafe conditions immediately to lead person or management.
- Maintains a clean working environment at all times, which includes, sweeping, mopping, wiping off equipment, and keeping work stations organized.
- Operates manual pallet jacks and motorized forklifts to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of theknowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be madeto enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentialfunctions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of 3 months experience in a warehouse setting. Previous experience in an automated warehouse preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to interpret units of measurement in regards to weight, distance, and volume.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Windows-based computers.
The physical demands describedhere are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfullyperform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may bemade to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentialfunctions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee may be required to assist the leadperson or maintenance in troubleshooting the storage/retrieval machine in the high-bay area. This may require climbing a ladder while wearing a harness to a height of up to 100 feet.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environmentcharacteristics described here are representative of those an employeeencounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Sarstedt, Inc. participates in E-Verify