Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staffing levels, to ensure that activities are performed effectively, and to respond to fluctuating workloads.
- Data entry for production lines.
- Coordinates with other supervisors on daily schedule, workflow, personnel issues, etc.
- Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems.
- Review work throughout the work process and at completion, in order to ensure that it has been performed properly.
- Check specifications of materials loaded or unloaded against information contained in work orders.
- Inform designated employees or departments of items loaded, and problems encountered.
- Evaluate employee performance.
- Prepare and maintain work records and reports.
- Fills in for any area, employee, or department as needed.
- Process the orders in order to communicate material flow, and follow up on rush, sample or shortage orders.
- Check all equipment, tools, PPE to be sure all is in proper & safe condition.
- Ensure that workers are using personal protective equipment, complying with all safety policies and using safe work practices.
- Coordinates with the Human Resource Department and Plant Management to document infractions and discipline employees for poor performance, violation of safety practices, and other policy/rule violations, as necessary.
- Report changes in production that affect the essential job duties, minimum job requirements and possible safety hazards for jobs in areas of responsibility to the HR Department to ensure job descriptions and JSAs are kept current.
- Check quality of material coming into departments and monitor the status of various orders.
- Show operators how styles are to be fabricated and assist in the training of new employees in those operations.
- Expedite necessary orders through the plant.
- Assist in making sure all raw materials are ordered as needed.
- Relay any necessary information to plant personnel.
- Perform quality checks
- 3 –5 years of supervisory/lead experience in a manufacturing setting
- Completion of high school education requirements demonstrated by high school transcript, diploma or GED
- Supervisory Experience in Tube Mill
- College degree in related area
- Previous work experience in a “Lean” manufacturing environment
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)