Supervises and coordinates the activities of production and operation workers. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring daily that all employees have the necessary tools to perform their job. Responsibilities include confirming all departments are communicating effectively about orders, monitoring work flow daily, and coordinating any variations from the production schedules.
This position significantly impacts Hickory Springs Manufacturing Company’s ability to be competitive in the areas of sales, quality, delivery, cost and growth while ensuring safe and environmentally friendly work settings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans work schedules to ensure that activities are performed effectively, and to respond to fluctuating workloads
- Coordinates with other supervisors on daily schedule, workflow, personnel issues
- Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems
- Must be able to work with accounting in regards to inventory and any other areas required
- Schedule all departments and maintain good inventory levels
- Make sure orders are complete for on time delivery
- Make sure employees are following ISO 9001:2015 QMS System requirement.
- Review work throughout the work process and at completion, in order to ensure that it has been performed properly
- Check specifications of materials loaded or unloaded against information contained in work orders
- Evaluate employee performance, and prepare performance appraisals
- Prepare and maintain work records and reports
- Fills in for any area, employee, and department as needed. This will include 2nd or 3rd shift at times.
- Process the orders in order to communicate material flow, and follow up on rush, sample or shortage orders.
- Check all equipment, tools, PPE to be sure all is in proper & safe condition
- Check quality of material coming into departments and monitor the status of various orders
- Expedite necessary orders through the plant
- Assist in making sure all raw materials are ordered as needed
- Relay any necessary information to plant personnel and assist the Superintendent in communication with support staffs
- Responsible for inventory control regarding correct inventory levels.
- Must use discretion and independent judgment in decision-making.
- Assists in ensuring that department systems are accurate and in compliance with company rules, standards, expectations, and applicable laws
- Assists in controlling significant manufacturing projects, and planning and scheduling departmental assignments, and setting priorities.
- Begins to identify opportunities that best utilizes the department’s infrastructure and meets customer requirements.
- Assists in analyzing technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Assists in achieving financial objectives by anticipating departmental requirements; submitting information for budget preparation; scheduling expenditures; monitoring costs; analyzing variances.
- Maintain a clean and orderly workplace
- Participate and encourage participation in the Continuous Significant Improvement Quality Process
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; benchmarking professional standards; reviewing professional publications; and establishing personal networks
- Monitor all internal systems for accuracy and compliance while insuring the disciplines necessary to achieve Company goals, strategic plans and expectations
- Other duties as deemed necessary by management
Education, Experience, and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field or five years related manufacturing experience
- Possess strong knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Ability to make solid decisions regarding customer’s demands and communicate to customers and sales representatives about issues with orders.
- Aware of the principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. Including meeting quality standards and evaluating customer satisfaction
- Ability to adhere to company policies and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation
- Ability to extract and compile a range of data from written sources, individuals, or multiple work orders.
- Capable of understanding complicated written instructions, memoranda, orders
- Regular, skilled use of word processors and programs and able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the ability to find errors and correct them
- Ability to effectively present information and answer questions from managers, customers, sales force, etc.
- JDE experience preferred but must become proficient in the use of this system immediately
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to effectively present information one-on-one, or in small group situations to supervisors and other members of management.
- Solid computer skills and data manipulation (Excel, Word, Microsoft Office, Power Point, JD Edwards)
- Must be of an analytical mindset and be able to quickly assess large amounts of information and data
- Must possess thorough knowledge of product and production processes
- Familiarity with ISO 9001:2015 QMS System, Lean Principles and/or Six Sigma principles; with safety as a top priority
- Must possess all other qualities critical for managerial success including leadership, self-confidence, motivation, decisiveness, flexibility, sound business judgment, and determination
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information and/or records
- Requires integrity, independent action, originality, evaluation and judgment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in written form in English
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal ranges
- Ability to move about