Sarstedt, Inc., a leading manufacturer and distributor of laboratory consumables, medical devices and instrumentation is seeking a Production Scheduler in our Production department. Sarstedt offers a competitive wage and benefits package with this position.
The Production Scheduler is responsible for collecting data to plan and prepare production schedules based on inventory levels, capacity utilization, and customer demand.
- Develops Master Schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
- Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and Human Resource requirements.
- Sequences orders to achieve optimal balance between production equipment utilization and inventory levels
- Closely monitors back orders and reschedules as needed.
- Works closely with production and production-supporting departments and provides detailed scheduling information.
- Prepares monthly production, inventory, and capacity reports.
- Prepares production orders to maintain sufficient inventory levels of finished stock items and semi-finished items and to meet target dates for special items and standing orders.
- This position is responsible for supervising two direct reports.
- Other duties may be assigned as apparent or required by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate's or Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Business Administration, or related field from a two or four year college or technical school; and a minimum of five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret production reports, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, affiliates and customers.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software, Microsoft Word Processing software; and AS/400 programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Sarstedt, Inc. participates in E-Verify