Supervises and coordinates the activities of supervisors, production and operation workers. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring daily that all employees have the necessary tools to perform their job. Responsibilities include confirming all departments are communicating effectively about orders, monitoring work flow daily, and coordinating any variations from the production schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and
continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.)
• Review work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staffing levels, to ensure that activities are performed effectively, and to respond to fluctuating workloads.
• Coordinates with other supervisors on daily schedule, workflow, and personnel issues.
• Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems.
• Evaluate employee performance.
• Prepare and maintain work records and reports.
• Fills in for any area, supervisor, and department as needed.
• Ensure that workers are using personal protective equipment, complying with all safety policies and using safe work practices.
• Coordinates with the Human Resource Department and Plant Management to document infractions and discipline employees for poor performance, violation of safety practices, and other policy/rule violations, as necessary.
• Continually improve plant conditions by employing, promoting, and sustaining 6s efforts plant wide.
• Report changes in production that affect the essential job duties, minimum job requirements and possible safety hazards for jobs in areas of responsibility to the HR Department to ensure job descriptions and JSA's are kept current.
• Monitor quality of material coming in and out of departments.
• Expedite necessary orders through the plant.
• Relay any necessary information to the plant personnel.
• Provide direction, leadership, mentoring and coaching to all employees as needed.
• Monitor operational costs daily, weekly and monthly, identify, implement and sustain improvement efforts to reduce overall operational costs in each department.
• Work with Plant Manager to promote and sustain lean initiatives.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor or Plant Manager.
• Possess strong knowledge of inventory control, production process, quality controls costs reduction, and other techniques for effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Must be of an analytical mindset and be able to quickly assess large amounts of information and data.
• Proven ability to work with cross functional teams and in a project management environment required.
• Must have the ability to consider and evaluate the relationships between numerous factors.
• Must possess all other qualities critical for managerial success including leadership, self-confidence, motivation, decisiveness, flexibility, sound business judgment, and determination.
• Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree AND
• 5+ years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge and understanding of Lean practices with application experience.
• Knowledge and understanding of 6 sigma tools and philosophy.
• Ability to provide a balance of fairness coupled with accountability in management style as it relates to personnel performance.
• Ability to adhere to company policies and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation.
• Strong understanding of root cause analysis processes and the ability to apply them to achieve results.
• Strong understanding of robust Quality Management Systems and ISO compliancy.