Sarstedt, Inc., a leading manufacturer and distributor of laboratory consumables, medical devices and instrumentation is seeking a Production Cleaner in our Production department. Sarstedt offers a competitive wage and benefits package with this position.
The Production Cleaner will be responsible for keeping working areas in production departments in a clean and orderly condition by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arranges boxes, material, and supplies in neat and orderly manner.
Works according to safety regulations at all times and reports unsafe conditions immediately.
- Cleans floors, rooms, hallways, rest rooms, corridors, stairways, locker rooms and other work areas.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies as needed.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Other duties may be assigned as apparent or required by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is occasionally required to operate a motorized forklift.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Sarstedt, Inc. participates in E-Verify