The Plant Operations Controller will be responsible for the internal controls, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, financial reporting, and non- financial reporting needs for operational areas assigned. Requirements include monthly, quarterly and annual time lines. Functions Include financial close cycle and analysis, KPI reporting, inventory reporting and analysis, spend controls, maintaining shop floor integrity over material formulas, labor routers, maintenance of systems records for (JD Edwards and BI tool), annual budget, monthly forecast updates, and ad hoc reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the business units on monthly financial close process, to include:
- Review on P&L statements and accounting system to ensure appropriate accounting at the location level.
- Analysis of monthly, QTD and YTD operations performance with business units to explain variances of actual results to expected results (Plan and/or Forecast).
- Develop and prepare management reporting including key metrics that provide timely, meaningful, and relevant information that will assist management to deliver on objectives.
- Maintains an indirect reporting relationship to the plant manager for assigned locations; develops that working relationship and becomes an integral member of the location management team.
- Acts as liaison between business units, operations and corporate financial functions, including:
- Completion of requests for capital expenditures, including NPV, IRR and payback analyses.
- Provide financial support for new product development to help ensure that the right products with the appropriate ROI are funneled into the development pipeline.
- Supports the implementation and tracking of margin improvement initiatives at the location level.
- Participates in the development of costing/pricing for new and/or incremental business.
- Participates in implementation of new business as relates to start-up, capital purchases, cost tracking, and establishment of financial controls and procedures.
- Maintains responsibility for budgeting, month end closing, bill of materials costing and maintenance, financial reporting and review, and material variances analysis.
- Provides support for M&A opportunities as they arise.
- Prepares standard journal entries
- Analyzes and prepare budgets for certain accounts
- Performs special projects or other duties as assigned by management
- Safeguards company assets through inventory audits (wall to wall physicals, cycle counting program) and fixed asset audits.
- Manages multiple plants accounting controls: Receiving, Movements, Consumption, Adjustments, and Shipping activities
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or a related field.
- Prior experience as a plant controller or similar role.
- Solid computer skills and must have advanced understanding of spreadsheet modeling, financial analysis, and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent analytical ability, strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to solve issues across functions.
- Ability to quickly assess large amounts of information and data.
- Must possess all other qualities critical for managerial success including leadership, self-confidence, motivation, decisiveness, flexibility, sound business judgement, and determination.
- Subscribes the Company’s HEART value system – Honesty, Execution, Accountability, Results and Teamwork.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information and/or records.