Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Join a team of world-class engineers!
CommScope is looking to add a Process Engineer to our team in Shakopee, MN.
How You'll Help Us Connect the World.
As a part of our highly collaborative team, you will with various multi-functional teams to define, develop and launch new products and improve existing products. These fiber products will support various business units' portfolios and growth requirements to meet industry demands, such as 5G. You will primarily support new product introduction by providing technical direction to all phases of NPI and ensure effective execution of projects according to required Product Development Policies (PDP), procedures, and government regulations. Coordinate with R&D and PLM to develop schedules, identify resource requirements, evaluate financials, implement capital requests and manufacturing plans, to ensure high quality, cost-efficient, high-volume products. Perform PFMEA’s, value stream maps (VSM), process capability, and thru-put-yield analysis on new products/processes.
Required Qualifications for Consideration:
· A completed Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
· 2+ years of related engineering experience.
· 2+ years of Microsoft Excel experience.
· A proven track record of working in a fast-paced, multi-functional team environment with the ability to multitask, prioritize and be meticulous with your work product.
· You are open to international travel (Up to 20% under normal circumstances).
You Will Excite Us If You Have:
· A background in terminating fiber optic connectors including optical and electrical testing, epoxy and curing schedules, single fiber and multi-fiber polishing, and statistical and process capability analysis.
· Experience in assembly & test of fiber optic connectors, cable assemblies, and closures.
· Your Lean Six Sigma Black or Green Belt certification.
· Experience with SolidWorks or CREO.
· Proficiency in multiple languages.
· Knowledge of SAP.
· Proficient with Visual Basic and SharePoint.
What happens after you apply?
Learn how to prepare yourself for the next steps in our hiring process by visiting https://careers.commscope.com/how-we-hire.
CommScope is pushing the boundaries of communications technology. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating 5G, private networks and Gigabit speeds everywhere – we're always anticipating what’s next. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity, Cloud and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including people with disabilities and veterans. To learn more visit careers.commscope.com/eeo
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.