Job Title: Engineer, Process
This position will actively support continuous improvement and optimize the process of the manufacturing department. This role is intended to provide technical assistance, guidance and direction to the manufacturing employees, ensuring that the highest product quality, performance and yields are achieved to meet the customer requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions):
- Identify and eliminate product and process variation through applications of Professional engineering practices, and lean problem-solving tools.
- Write and maintain process documentation and instructions to ISO / TL 9000 requirements
- Provide technical support and/or instruction to other functions as required, to support new programs for continual improvement.
- Evaluate and implement new materials, by conducting trials, to accomplish product, process and cost improvements.
- Evaluate and define new equipment needs for department manufacturing with a view to improving product quality and process efficiencies.
- Develop and recommend forecast annual capital budget to meet the planned requirements.
- Develop and specify: the process parameters for existing and new product introduction
- Provides technical resource to inter-functional teams dealing with product design, process improvements, maintenance, purchasing and quality.
- Report on product and process performance capability to management and department employees within the organization globally as well as any other technical related subjects relating to cable assembly production.
- Liaise with Global Engineering: to ensure product uniformity and sharing the process improvements.
- Coordinate with local QC to resolve customer complaints and issues in order to provide process solutions to our customers.
- All other relevant job(s), as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related degree with 2+ years of experience or a Master’s Degree in Engineering or a related degree with 2+ years of experience
- Demonstrated success in process improvement initiatives.
- Proficient with variety of Excel function, ERP and SAP.
- Experience with LEAN, Six Sigma, or other process improvement tools.
- BS or MS: Mechanical, Electrical, other Engineering discipline.
- Certification in Lean Manufacturing.
- Proficient with SAP.
- Solidworks, Draftsight, Creo, AutoCAD (some design skills are necessary)
- Working knowledge of extrusion processes, roll forming processes, electrical and mechanical testing, RF and OTDR testing, continuous TIG of HF welding, press/stamping processes, wire/tube drawing and mechanical braiding.