This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
CommScope is hiring an Operations Manager in Richardson TX
- Alignment of EMS/ODM build commit to CommScope demand.
- Ensure actual builds meet commitment.
- Inventory management.
- Operation cost management and control.
- Prepare and present QBR material
- Data reporting & intel gathering.
- Execute CommScope EMS/ODM strategy.
- Track and drive for continuous commit improvement against our demand and maximized output through material expedite, alternate sourcing and line optimization.
- Governance on EMS/ODM Operations, including QBR, scorecard review, issues resolutions, short-to-mid term strategy discussion, and urrent affairs.
- Management & reporting of all material related matters including NPI readiness, PO audit, inventory, E&O management, quarterly EMS/ODM cycle count, buy/sell, bone-pile management, EMS/ODM buyback, 2nd source qualification & execution, risk buy and strategic buy execution.
- Cost Management ensuring accuracy of carrying cost, OT cost, line down cost, and claims; in some cases negotiate for better costing.
- Report and analyze impact on EMS/ODM due to natural disaster, and macro/micro economics, including their material suppliers.
- Knowledge in End-to-End Supply Chain.
- Experience in EMS/ODM management.
- Knowledge in various type of commodities.
- Program management experience.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Detail oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Engineering or Supply Chain Management from a recognized university.
- Minimum 7 years working experience in EMS/ODM management, Manufacturing/Engineering Operations or Planning/Purchasing/Sourcing management.
- 2-3 years of experience dealing with Contract Manufacturers and ODM’s
- Experience in electronics manufacturing
- Demonstrate ability to conduct research, organize information and perform cost/benefit analysis.
EXPERIENCE DESIRED/NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with SAP
- Reporting experience using MS Excel or Business Objects
- Domestic and internatlional travel in support of CommScope's business objectives and our EMS/ODM partners (25% travel under normal circumstances)
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.