Sarstedt, Inc., a leading manufacturer and distributor of laboratory consumables, medical devices and instruments, is looking for a Maintenance Electronics Technician.
This is a Day Shift position. Hours are from 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
Installs, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs electrical, electronic, and mechanical systems and components of industrial machinery and equipment in a timely and effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for completing assigned preventative maintenance orders on all production equipment and machinery.
- Diagnoses, repairs, and/or replaces faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
- Diagnoses, repairs, and/or replaces faulty electronic or electrical components, such as printed circuit boards, switches, motors, or sensors.
- Troubleshoots and programs PLC inputs and outputs.
- Responsible for completing assigned work orders from the Production department as needed.
- Works with different types of vision systems for separating product.
- Contributes to maintaining a safe and clean working environment at all times.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electronic Science from a four-year college or university
- Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic skills required.
- Electrician Certificate preferred
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software, Microsoft Word Processing software, Microsoft Access Database software and Manufacturing software.
- Ability to read blue prints and electrical schematics.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively to managers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- This job requires occasional local travel and the ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The Company participates in E-Verify