This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Under general supervision, the Material handler, Runner is responsible for moving material from small pack to the trailer, following the safety protocols and assuring product integrity. Verifies all material is properly identified and accommodates the small boxes into the trailer to assure delivery as stated in the documents.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Receives instructions from supervisor or team lead to move small pack material from packing area to the trailer.
• Verifies material is identified and labels are placed.
• Reviews documents and materials information.
• Takes the material from small pack area.
• Places material in the transportation cart.
• Takes all small pack boxes into the assigned trailer and accommodates them.
• Utilizes the assigned cart for material transportation.
• Reports any damages to the packaging or any inconsistencies in labels, numbers, etc.
• Is responsible for learning and observing all work instructions and procedures related to small pack area.
• Reports any safety risks which might be associated with the operation.
Include demonstrated competencies and physical, mental, & interpersonal skills.
• High School diploma or equivalent with 1 (One) year of material handling experience dealing with inventory.
• Computer literate, with training level knowledge of SAP inventory transactions
• Comprehensive knowledge of required paperwork and work flow for a material handling/inventory/stores area. Examples of such paperwork include cycle count reports, physical inventory lists, cycle count cards, audit reconciliation and cycle count worksheets.
• Knowledge on inventory transactions, stocking procedures, order pulling, location systems and storage/handling methods.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram or schedule form.
• Ability to lead and develop a small group of cycle counters. Administrate their performance and develops them to achieve and exceed goals.
• Ability to train others and measure results.
• Works under pressure and handles difficult situations.
• Bilingual, English/Spanish. Must be able to read, comprehend and thoroughly interpret simple instructions given in verbal and written formats, short correspondence and memos.
• Ability to stand and reach with hands and arms. Position will regularly be required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift, with assistance, up to 100 pounds.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.