Performs duties to insure the timely and proper movement of material in the warehouse to the production floor, and outside raw material locations to support production, engineering, and customer orders.
• Assures that incoming parts, supplies, and materials for internal use are verified and are delivered to proper storage locations or departments within the local facility.
• Works from work orders, route sheets, goods receipts, customer order documents and a variety of other related documentation concerning the movement of materials throughout the facility to properly fill orders and requisitions.
• Inspects incoming shipments to assure that items and quantity are correct.
• Certified to use fork lift, pallet jack, or other material handling equipment to load/unload materials.
• Regularly uses scales, CRT units, a variety of hand and power tools, automatic storage and retrieval systems to complete required duties to stock and pull materials in a safe and orderly manner.
• Completes required documentation and/or enters transactions into inventory system.
• Coordinates, locates, retrieves, and delivers the material received to and from stock.
• Determines the proper sequence of pulling orders by department work schedules to ensure meeting departmental requirements/expectations.
• Follow all safety regulations. Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required for the work environment.
• High School Diploma or GED is required.
• One (1) year of general factory, warehouse, inventory, or industrial experience.
• Requires ability to read numbers and text accurately, learn to use inventory system and computer terminal, and learn to operate material moving equipment including forklifts and related machinery. Must have current driver’s license and good driving record.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Must be well versed in advanced software and machine control principles.
• Ability to stand and reach with hands and arms. Position will regularly be required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and
taste or smell.
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift, with assistance, up to 100 pounds.
Employee must be able to operate a forklift or other material handling equipment and be able to enter and retrieve standard data from a computerized logistics system.